Friday, February 1, 2008

Reflection, Class 3

I know what you mean, Mike, about the whole morality question being relevant. When I read the book I didn't even blink at Mike's actions (the computer, not our group member). Perhaps this says more about what I've read or studied but I didn't question the morality of it. Yes, crashing a ship that surrendered is bad but they don't seem to abide by any sort of rules of war. And Luna is full of convicts or their descendants so skirting a few Earth customs isn't that much of a stretch, they didn't exactly abide by them in the first place, did they?
Now that I've thought about it more I'm impressed by the rational thinking the Loonies display. Yes, they have their passions, but by and large they operate a pretty rational society. In a place where death is all to easy to occur, a credit system would pose problems especially when so many came with absolutely nothing. The resources that are absolutely essential, air, water, women, are protected and shared if someone else is in dire need, at least air is and women aren't hoarded either. Mike's actions were the prudent thing and the revolutionaries did what needed to be done.

No comments: