Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Class 4/1

Before I begin. Did anybody else attempt to go to the Tavern tonight. My God I hate Greek Life on Campus.

Remember when PTJ asked if we could become a political actor against the Greeks. My answer is 100% yes. PTJ, tell us what to do, we are Borg. Resistance is futile, they will be assimiliated to the honors side.

Now back to the discussion.

The idea that a group must be willing to fight as the primary determinate as to whether they can be considered a political entity and thus a state is very interesting. The whole problem of the Palestinians is given whole new life when this is the sort of qualifications that are placed into the context.

I also really liked the distinction made between an enemy and a foe. I would have never thought to create such a distinction but now it seems so clear.

I would end with a found farewell to Heir Schmitt but I came across something as I was looking around that I feel demands some attention.

While I was looking for some other things to bring in I came across this page from the University of Oklahoma. This is an academic site which has copied an entire page directly from Wikipedia. Maybe our blogs and Wikipages will carry more respect than we initially thought.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Some Greeks are fine, but yes we should go Roman on them.

I'm a bit worried about wikipedia of late. It seems as the pages expand the reliability goes down, becuase there hasn't been

Tim said...

I'm less worried about the quality of Wikipedia and more that a university is actually quoting Wikipedia.