Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Class 2/19

So I think its safe to say that today was one of the more unusual discussions we have had. I believe we talked more about messiahs than it was mentioned in all of my other classes ever combined.
I love how we spent an entire class talking about whether or not Paul could be called the messiah which then led to the question of what it takes to be the messiah leading to the differences between messiahs and martyrs and the difference between a messiah and the messiah. Granted it seems like the only thing we were actually able to come with was that if you die, you are a martyr unless you rise from the dead, ie Jesus, then you might be able to be called a messiah.
Granted, then we came to the question of politics as a vocation. On this one I am still a little up in the air as to what to think about it. I am hoping that over the next week or so in reading the next book I will get a little clearer impression.
So what did everybody else think about the change-up of turning the chairs into a circle. It felt a lot more like my other seminar classes, I liked it. On the other hand, I am a little concerned with this new notion of note summarizers. I mean I guess I can see the benefit of it, but I just do not see it working out very well.

No comments: