Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Class 2/5

Yeah, toys in class. So not only are we in sort of a rebel class we were experimenting with a new program. I enjoyed having the laptops so we could do all of that simultaneous research but the Tiffany system for displaying was absolutely pathetic. I talked with PTJ after class and he said that he had warned the university not to buy that system but instead get some sort of Apple program. He mentioned that the Model Classroom was designed to accommodate Mac equipment, not windows. As the guinea pigs, I believe we may have proved to AU that they need to listen to people who know what they're talking about when buying new programs. I think that our approach today was pretty effective in increasing our discussion. I don't know if it will work for the other books we're reading though. This one was at least vaguely historical so the examples were easy to find. In the more remote reaches of our subject this may lose some of its effect but overall I feel its a good idea.

No comments: